creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Continuous integration for Rat
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:29:19 GMT

Yeah that stopped working I think when the repo got moved around.
I've fixed that so now whisker and rat sub-projects will build now on a
Per commit basis.

I've had RAT builds on Buildbot since the early days of our having Buildbot
at the
ASF and has been good for testing with. The resulatant successful builds of
RAT puts
A 0.x-dev snapshot of RAT on the Buildbot master, this then is taken by the
slave
Machines and used to build RAT reports [1] for projects that elect to have
Buildbot build
Their RAT reports for them. This is also a good test to ensure the latest
snapshot works.

> > If no one objects I'd like to set up a job for Rat in the ASF Jenkins
> > instance, that is triggered by SCM changes. That way we can get
> > continuous feedback if/when someone makes a mistake.

No objections, but note now that I've fixed the RAT and Whisker builds there
may be some
Duplication in emails of pass/fails.

Gav...

[1] - http://ci.apache.org/projects/rat-master-summary.html