creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Unit test failure in trunk
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 19:51:15 GMT
On 09/16/12 17:57, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 08/30/12 22:11, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>> any idea ?

<snip>

>>> But I have a unit test failure in trunk:
>>> Failed tests:
>>> realBinaryContent(org.apache.rat.document.impl.guesser.BinaryGuesserTest)
>>>

>>> I wonder if it's due to my env ?
>
> Quite possibly. I wonder whether this could be a platform encoding
> issue. I'll take a look at the code...

The binary guesses specifically (and probably rightly) uses the platform
encoding. This makes it a PITA to test. I think the best approach is to
make this test conditional on a suitable platform encoding. The binary
guesser code is reasonably stable, so I'm happy to trade a little test
coverage to allow Mac users to run the tests.

Robert