creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "Chip Childers (ASF)" <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Question about using Rat and the potential to create "accepted exceptions"
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:21:33 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working with the CloudStack (Incubating) project to sort through
our licensing issues.  Specifically, we are using Rat to help us
identify source files with missing ASF license headers.

It's a great tool, so let me first extend my thanks to this community
for creating it!

I'm dealing with a situation now, where I'd like to be able to
configure Rat to have "accepted exceptions".  An example of this is
that we are storing Debian packaging files in the repo.
Unfortunately, Debian packaging files for binary packages aren't
allowed to have any comments in them.  Other examples include keys,
certificates, etc...

Is there a method to tell Rat to exclude certain files in it's analysis?

Thanks in advance for any advice / direction / suggestions.

-chip