creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Handling of binary files
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:01:26 GMT
Hi,

I am working with the Apache OpenOffice (Incubating) project.  We are
using Rat to find potential license problems.

Rat is a very helpful tool.  Thank you very much for creating and
maintaining it.

I am currently working on better integrating Rat into our build process
and I have a question regarding the handling of binary files.  Rat is
started from an Ant script, so file exclusion is handled by Ant.  Some
of our files are binary, eg OpenOffice text documents that are used for
testing, zip files, jar files, images.  If such a binary is reported by
Rat then its content (well, a part of it) is written to the output xml
file.  This causes an error in the xslt transformation that we use to
transform the output xml to html.

Now my question.  Is there a way mark certain files as binary so that
they are still reported but without including their content?

Regards,
Andre