creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Question about using Rat and the potential to create "accepted exceptions"
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 20:04:21 GMT
On 08/13/12 14:04, Chip Childers wrote:

<snip>

> I didn't find the exclude function when looking at the command line
> use of Rat, hence I missed the Ant and Maven plugin docs in my
> searching.

The documentation isn't structured very well. Probably time to start
fixing it...

> CloudStack is still "bootstrapping" here at ASF.  Due to the project
> status, I've been manually working through issues using Rat via the
> command line.
>
> It looks like it's very easy to use the exclude function via Ant or
> Maven, so I'll head down that path once things get stabilized a bit.

Yes. It's available from the command line but it's a bit of PITA to
supply a long list of excludes. If people want to use Rat from the
command line, then supporting a configuration/instruction file might
make sense - or perhaps even a DSL.

Robert