creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about using Rat and the potential to create "accepted exceptions"
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 10:27:43 GMT
On 08/11/12 03:53, David Crossley wrote:
> Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> You didn't tell us, how you are using Rat:
>>
>>   . Maven Plugin: Use the excludes and/or includes properties, see
>>
>>        http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/check-mojo.html
>>
>> - Ant Tasks: The rat-report task uses a standard Ant fileset to specify files
>>    that are being checked. These can contain nested excludes specifications:
>>
>>       http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/check-mojo.html
>
> Also an example of using the Ant task for RAT directly (no maven)
> to provide a separate "excludesfile" file with various patterns
> to exclude:
> Re: RAT running nicely against Forrest with excludes
> http://s.apache.org/jmd

It's been on my mind for a while that the command line isn't great ATM.
If you're happy to be using rat that way, I'd be very interested to
understand more about your use case :-)

BTW

1. We're pushing towards the first release of Whisker - this tool helps
with generating composite legal documents (LICENSE and NOTICE etc) and
verifying that the contents of a distribution (as opposed to source
code) are accounted for licensing-wise. If this sounds like something
that you might be interested, please jump in - we'd be very happy to
understand more potential use cases :-)

2. If you're using a build system other than Ant or Maven, please let us
know. We're happy to tool up other build system given active users to
help us understand the use case :-)

Robert