creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Switch to CMS ... ?
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 18:54:05 GMT
On 05/09/12 09:18, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> My feeling is that this means we'll need to maintain two documentation
> sets in the future. Wouldn't be happy about that.

Hopefully not...

AIUI Apache is moving towards hosting all websites using the CMS, so in
the future we're likely to have much smoother Maven integration[1].

The way I hope that the CMS will work is by hand crafting top level
(Apache Creadur) pages using the CMS[2], and then products (like rat and
whisker) either

* generate their sites (using Maven, say) and publish then through the
CMS (eg [3][4])
* or hand craft them (eg [5])

But until Maven support is smooth, we just update the generated sites
rarely...

Would this be good enough...?

Robert
[1] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache_cms_and_external_build