couchdb-www mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: www couchdb testing
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 03:01:32 GMT
For testing, I say go for it.

For the 404 page:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/561909021_da1b5c6912.jpg

With a subtitle: "The page you were looking for is probably in there
somewhere, but we can't find it right now."

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Michelle Phung <michellep@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’ve been trying to get my visual guide published on the home site, but for some reason
the images are not recognized as images when I merge. I didn’t want the broken-ness to stay
up so I reverted for now. I have some theories about why but I need to merge it in order to
see if it works or not. The code works normally locally, and when it’s served from github-pages
so i’m not sure why it’s not working. I don’t want to publish the site with broken images,
so I was planning on creating a new folder so i can test my theories, for example, i would
be testing them at http://couchdb.apache.org/test-site-folder-here.

> I am planning on doing this testing over the weekend, but can hold off to do it on the
weeknights if there are objections.

> Is there an alternative way to test to see if it will work? testing on live site seems
so wrong.

> Also I think it would be cool if we had a neat 404 page. If anyone has suggestions for
something i can try to make it. Or we could make all of suggestions then show a different
one when people get there if there are a lot of ideas.