couchdb-www mailing list archives

From Michelle Phung <michel...@apache.org>
Subject www couchdb testing
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 01:00:51 GMT
Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to get my visual guide published on the home site, but for some reason
the images are not recognized as images when I merge. I didn’t want the broken-ness to stay
up so I reverted for now. I have some theories about why but I need to merge it in order to
see if it works or not. The code works normally locally, and when it’s served from github-pages
so i’m not sure why it’s not working. I don’t want to publish the site with broken images,
so I was planning on creating a new folder so i can test my theories, for example, i would
be testing them at http://couchdb.apache.org/test-site-folder-here.

I am planning on doing this testing over the weekend, but can hold off to do it on the weeknights
if there are objections.

Is there an alternative way to test to see if it will work? testing on live site seems so
wrong.

Also I think it would be cool if we had a neat 404 page. If anyone has suggestions for something
i can try to make it. Or we could make all of suggestions then show a different one when people
get there if there are a lot of ideas.

-michelle