couchdb-www mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Subprojects grid"
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 23:14:43 GMT
+1 Nice idea!

For docs may use Sphinx as technology (since English isn't the only
language there could be) while logo can be a book with Sphinx logo
glyph.
As for slogan, I think better to play around with the base CouchDB's
one. Let's say, it's "Sync. Shard. Rest." (I just like this one more
then all the proposed alternatives). Then it happens to be "Learn.
Explore. Try. " for docs. "Spawn. Shard. Sync." for Erlang. "React.
[object Object]. undefined." for JS (sorry, couldn't resist (: ) etc.
- when they follows the same pattern, it's easy to make them
consistent with each other. Same story could be applied for the logos
- making derivations is much more simpler than creating new logos from
scratch (since you have to also follow overall design guidelines).
--