couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Difficulty replicating behind a proxy server
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 13:22:02 GMT
Thanks. If you’re interested in poking around the codebase I think the place where one could
bypass the proxy URL for localhost addresses is here:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/2.1.1/src/couch_replicator/src/couch_replicator_httpc.erl#L43-L55

Cheers, Adam

an issue at https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues.
> We will also have a look into whether we can potentially implement a fix for this issue.
> Thanks again,
> Jake Kroon
>
> On 2017-12-14 05:57, Adam Kocoloski <k...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Jake, ugh, yes, I think you?019ve hit the nail on the head. In your first configuration,
CouchDB is seeing an HTTP-based target and assuming it needs to use the proxy. Your second
configuration fails because the replicator does not yet work with local clustered databases.>

proxy for those. Can you file an issue at https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues ?>

>> Thanks, Adam>
>>
>>> On Dec 12, 2017, at 11:44 PM, Jake Kroon <JK...@immersivetechnologies.com>
wrote:>

>>> Hi,>
>>>>
>>> We are experiencing issues when running CouchDB 2.0.0 behind a proxy, specifically
when trying to perform replication. When performing replication without a proxy we do not
experience any issues. We're attempting to start the replication by adding a document to the
/_replicator/ database, but as you can see below, it changes to an error state with an "invalid
json" error:>