couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading to CouchDB 2.1.1
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:29:45 GMT
The new release has a different default node name of:

-name couchdb@127.0.0.1

Prior releases had a default node name of:

-name couchdb@localhost

This change was made to provide access to future functionality
and for the shipped debug script "remsh".

Simply ensure that your old vm.args file is copied over as well,
and this problem should go away.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronny Berndt" <ronny@kioskkinder.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 7 November, 2017 2:00:05 PM
Subject: Upgrading to CouchDB 2.1.1

Hi,

i tried to upgrade from version 2.1.0 to 2.1.1.

In the docs, there is only a short paragraph:

----
2.9.3. Upgrading

Are you upgrading from CouchDB 2.0? Install CouchDB into a fresh directory. CouchDB’s directory
layout has changed and may be confused by libraries present from previous releases.
----

So far, so good.

1. I compiled the source and copy the release into a new folder.
2. I copied my old local.ini into the new build directory
3. I copied the data dir into the new build directory

I started couchdb again, logged in and for all database i get the following message:

„This database failed to load.“

Clicking on "Verify CouchDB Installation“:

Notification: Error: The database could not be created, the file already exists.

Test				Status
Create Database
Create Document	✓
Update Document
Delete Document	✗
Create View		✗
Replication		✗

If I use an clean install (after compiling) all is fine...

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Ronny