couchdb-user mailing list archives

From aa mm <assaf.mor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto edit design documents
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:21:05 GMT
3. I think you can edit the design document on Fauxton to add a list
function. As far as I know it's not as easy as adding a map or reduce.

בתאריך 14 באוג׳ 2017 05:13 PM,‏ "Eiri" <eiri@eiri.ca> כתב:

Hi Ronny,

For me “a-ha” moment was to realise that design document is just an
ordinary CouchDB document, so it can be created and updated with any http
client: curl, httpie, whatnot. I’ve writed up a gist with basic demo on
using curl for that: https://gist.github.com/eiri/
70e3a44421ade7f01d4394ef08f80091

Key moments to notice there that while updating design document it must
have revision and that value of “map” is a string, but it need to be a
proper javascript, as it’ll be evaluated as such.

So yes, it is easily possible to manage design documents without third
party tools.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer on your third question, I’m more of a
command line guy.

Regards,
Eric