couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michelle Phung <michelleph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb status
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2017 17:45:36 GMT
Hello Shreyans,

You can find all of the Apache projects, (past, present, and incubating,) here: https://projects.apache.org/projects.html

From a recent (2014) Apache announcement there’s a small historical blurb:
"CouchDB entered the Apache Incubator in February 2008 and became an Apache Top-level Project
in November of the same year. Visit http://couchdb.apache.org/ for downloads, documentation,
and ways to become involved with Apache CouchDB.” [1]

I tried looking at the Apache blog around 2008 for an announcement, but it looks like their
first blogpost was in 2009. whomp-whomp

As for the "Apache DB” project-- they are their own group. I think there is understand-ably
some confusion about the name.
They go by the name “DB”. :)

From their website, they’ve stated that "DB products are generally server-side software
solutions written for the Java platform”. [2]

If you are looking for all the Apache database projects, you’re probably better off using
the Apache projects website [3]

-Michelle

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache_couchdb_adds_clustering_and
[2] https://db.apache.org/newproject.html