couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running a CouchDB 2.0 Cluster in Production on AWS with Docker
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 04:31:13 GMT
Hi Geoff,

I describe one approach in the Chef CouchDB cookbook:

    https://github.com/wohali/couchdb-cookbook

"One way is by downloading and extracting CouchDB's source code, changing into the dev/ directory,
and running the following one-liner, replacing MYPASSWORD with your desired password:"

python -c 'import uuid;from pbkdf2 import pbkdf2_hex;password="MYPASSWORD";salt=uuid.uuid4().hex;iterations=10;print("-pbkdf2-{},{},{}".format(pbkdf2_hex(password,salt,iterations,20),salt,iterations))'

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoffrey Cox" <redgeoff@gmail.com>
To: "user" <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, 20 July, 2017 11:53:13 PM
Subject: Running a CouchDB 2.0 Cluster in Production on AWS with Docker

Hi,

I finally got around to writing a post on how we are running a CouchDB 2.0
cluster in production on AWS
<https://medium.com/@redgeoff/running-a-couchdb-2-0-cluster-in-production-on-aws-with-docker-50f745d4bdbc>.
I hope this helps others to bootstrap their projects.

For the community, is there a command line tool or a simple command line
script that can be written to generate the pbkdf2 hash of a password given
the clear text password and secret? I know you can start a CouchDB node
with a clear text password in the local.ini file and then have it create
the hashed value, but this is a bit roundabout.

If you have any feedback, please send it my way.

Thanks!

Geoff