couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: _global_changes purpose
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 05:42:13 GMT
_db_updates is powered by the _global_changes database.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vladimir Kuznetsov" <vovanec@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org, "Joan Touzet" <wohali@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 June, 2017 12:39:55 AM
Subject: Re: _global_changes purpose

Hi Joan

I heard /_db_updates is the feed-like thing I could subscribe to listen to the global updates(same
way you described). It is not very clear why would I need access to _global_changes database
when I already have /_db_updates method with pagination and long-polling features.

Is listening on _global_changes's /_changes feed the same as listening on /_db_updates? Or
is there any difference? What is preferred?

thanks,
--Vovan

> On Jun 26, 2017, at 9:21 PM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Say you have 100 databases and you want to know when something changes on all
> of them. In 1.x you have to open 100 _changes continuous feeds to get that
> information. In 2.x you have to open a single connection to _global_changes.
>
> Think of the possibilities.
>
> -Joan

in CouchDB 2.0. Can somebody please explain or provide some pointer?