couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 2.0 Clustering
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 17:42:42 GMT
Hi,

That's expected behaviour. Existing databases are not rebalanced as new nodes are added. New
databases are distributed over them, of course, up to the limit of q and n parameters.

I wrote a guide a while back for shard moves at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6676972/moving-a-shard-from-one-bigcouch-server-to-another-for-balancing
and it still holds

Future releases of couchdb should make this easier.

Sent from a camp site with surprisingly good 4G signal