couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Munch <dani.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Command line only install of 2.0 (Linux)
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 09:17:10 GMT
Hi Dan,

in case you're talking about a single-node setup I agree, the
documentation isn't very clear on that. I recently submitted a pull
request which should make it more clear, but apparently it didn't make
it to the site yet:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-documentation/pull/94/files?short_path=31ac1c6#diff-31ac1c6a7e05dc83bededf911e5b4807

So in a nutshell:
For a single-node setup, instead of using the wizard, you can also
manually configure an admin user in the config file like explained in
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/2.0.0/config/auth.html#server-administrators

Afterwards you have to create the three system databases _users,
_replicator and _global_changes like explained in the doc. This is
equivalent to the setup wizard and can be carried out form the command
line.

Best,
Daniel