couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Le Brasseur <johnlebrass...@gmail.com>
Subject Get a deleted doc back: v 2.0.0
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:18:50 GMT
Hi.
Just to be absolutely sure.
I added "_deleted:true" into a document in fauxton.
Fine.
Using the command line I used GET.../db/doc?revs_info=true the answer is :
{"error":"not_found","reason":"deleted"}

OK

So this means there is no _previous_ revision information available.

(_changes info gives the last _rev)

To be clear this means that without a backup of the database, the document
_cannot_ be rescued?

In this case I created a new document, and added the previous data which I
obtained from my backup database.

Are my statements correct and was my method correct and the only way out?

I did find the option "db/doc?open_revs=true" which did give me the

Would this then be the first option?

(Should I not have added "_deleted: true" into Fauxton but rather have
deleted the document in another way?(clicking and deleting, or using curl
from the command line) or should the previous revision number have been
present? I would have thought so. I have not compacted or
anything.("compact_running": false)))

Many thanks.

John