couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: views failing due to fabric_worker_timeout and OS process timed out
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 23:37:57 GMT
So glad Mango worked well for you! In effect, Mango uses the same
mapreduce functionality under the covers as a traditional JS view,
but the implementation is optimized and the domain-specific language
is intended to be convenient and friendly to use.

Correct. couchapps are, in effect, deprecated functionality. There
should be ways to enable that functionality in future versions of
CouchDB, but it most likely won't be the default configuration, and
performance will not be optimized for couchapps.

-Joan