couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Le Brasseur <johnlebrass...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uploading attachment
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:05:55 GMT
Hi Stefan.
I think it is something to do with the console.
I am on Windows but use the cmder(http://cmder.net/) console program which
doesn't normally require me to escape special characters.

I tried the normal DOS command window, which I normally avoid, and guess
what, it worked with the following command:

curl -X PUT "
http://jlb333333:NtZl.6Dw@127.0.0.1:5984/albums/6e1295ed6c29495e54cc05947f18c8af/img.jpg?rev=34-4f33ba65127ea2f8cb67cd9e82fa2244"
--data-binary @img.jpg -H "Content-Type: image/jpeg"

I knew my syntax was correct.

Correct file size and type.

The console gymnastics in Windows is the biggest problem for me.

Thank you Stefan and Robert for the inputs.

On 12 January 2017 at 15:37, Stefan Klein <st.fankl.in@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> > Hi Robert.
> >
> > Very poor description by me early this morning. Sorry.
> >
> > The problem is the upload file size and type:

> >> af/img.jpg?rev=32-f32a6d93b0f9483c4580adb5e0075fe4
>
> I ran the "same" curl commandline and it works as expected.
>
> Maybe you got an alias set for curl?
> Old version of curl?
>
> Which os/shell are you runing, maybe it interprets the question mark or
> the at?
>
> regards,
> Stefan

John