couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tayven Bigelow <tbige...@mobileaccord.com>
Subject Crashing due to memory use
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 23:15:14 GMT
Hey Guys!

Been using a CouchDB 2.0 12 server cluster for a while now and have noticed a memory leak
that causes beam.smp to crash while populating Views.

The q/r/w/n is set up as:

[cluster]
q=12
r=2
w=2
n=3

As far as I know the server should be able to handle the load as it has 64GB RAM with a Core
i7 6700. We are running ubuntu 16.04.1.

The Database is 16.5 GB in size.

I've also attempted to run 2.0 with Dreyfus and Clouseau and ran into the same issue with
a Database size of 7.8MB.

I've noted in previous releases some people have ran into similar memory issues with beam.smp
and increasing the open file limit was part of the resolution. We've increased the nofile
limit for the couchdb user to 4096 (as found here: https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Performance
) with no luck.

Nothing out of the ordinary is thrown in the logs. The only way to catch it is by watching
memory use.

I'm wondering if theres a configuration/setting somewhere that I am missing that could be
causing this issue.

Thanks!

Tayven

All information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and destroy this email.