couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB helped fighting Ebloa
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 13:53:06 GMT
Hey there,

it’s great to see people wanting to take initiative for
humanitarian projects. It shows that we are doing things
for the right reasons <3

FWIW, there are a few organisations of the “hack for good”-type.

Any particular names elude me, but this exists ;)

As for the Ebola project in particular, I was part of that and
we wouldn’t have been able to work with outside volunteers. The
pressures in this project were so high, that it required a
dedicated and in-one-office team to make it work at all.

This is just as a perspective, that some of these things can’t
be done in the more traditional open source way, even though
many good open source projects came out of it.

For example:

- https://github.com/eHealthAfrica/couchdb-bootstrap
- http://ehealthafrica.github.io/couchdb-best-practices/

Best