couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Suen <ttds...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: update functions in design document - missing X-Couch-Id and X-Couch-Update-NewRev...
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 22:12:45 GMT
OK, I should send a PUT instead of POST.
Daniel.

      From: Daniel Suen <ttdsuen@yahoo.com.INVALID>
 To: User <user@couchdb.apache.org>
 Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 10:52 AM
 Subject: update functions in design document - missing X-Couch-Id and X-Couch-Update-NewRev...

I am on CouchDB 2.0 on Linux.
I created a function inside the updates object of my design document. It basically looks similar
to the examples given in the API reference.
When I tried to invoke the function, it executes correctly (the target document gets updated),
and according the the API reference, I should be expecting "X-Couch-Id" and "X-Couch-Update-NewRev"
in the headers. However, I don't see them being returned. I saw "X-Couch-Request-ID" and "X-CouchDB-Body-Time",
but not the ones stated in the reference documentation.
Did anyone experience the same thing before?
What should I do to make them appear in the response headers?
The documtation is at 10.5.5. /db/_design/design-doc/_show/show-name — Apache CouchDB 2.0
Documentation.

|  |
10.5.5. /db/_design/design-doc/_show/show-name — Apache CouchDB 2.0 Documentation
  |  |

Appreciate your help.
Daniel.