couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Helmer" <hel...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject Couchdb 2.0 installation and couchdb user creation
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:30:39 GMT
HI,

   I'm installing CouchDB 2.0 on a linux machine running Lubuntu 14.04.
The install went fine except for errors that seem to be related to the
creation of the couchdb user.  The installation instructions recommend:

adduser --system \
        --no-create-home \
        --shell /bin/bash \
        --group --gecos \
        "CouchDB Administrator" couchdb

 but then say to copy the /rel/couchdb directory into /home/couchdb - but
there isn't one since in the above adduser command the flag
--no-create-home was used.  Right now the home directory for my couchdb
user was assigned to /var/lib/couchdb if I look into /etc/passwd.

What am I missing?

thanks,
Karl

--