couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTPS problem with CouchDB 1.6.1
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2016 10:47:58 GMT

The eacces errors are unrelated. They are caused by the erlang runtime searching for .beam
files in a directory it cannot read. This can be remedied by modifying the init.d script to
'cd' to a directory that it can read. The errors are harmless.

To your real problem then. Use curl's -k option to get more information of the TLS failure
or visit the couchdb url in a browser, which will render that information more clearly.

What version of erlang are you using?
What version of openssl?

B.

> On 21 Oct 2016, at 14:25, Jonathan Hall <flimzy@flimzy.com> wrote:
>
> I've recently and suddenly started having problems accessing my CouchDB 1.6.1 installation
via HTTPS:

> $ curl -v https://$HOST:6984/
> *   Trying $IP...
> * Connected to $HOST ($IP) port 6984 (#0)
> * found 173 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
> * found 696 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs
> * ALPN, offering h2
> * ALPN, offering http/1.1
> * gnutls_handshake() failed: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
> * Closing connection 0
> curl: (35) gnutls_handshake() failed: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
>
> How can I debug this on the server side?  I've turned on debug logs, but it doesn't show
me anything that's apparently useful. I just get a bunch of lines like this, when I restart
the server:

> [Fri, 21 Oct 2016 13:21:13 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
>                                 {<0.20.0>,std_error,
>                                  "File operation error: eacces. Target: ./tls_connection.beam.
Function: get_file. Process: code_server."}}