couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joe Black <...@valuphone.com>
Subject using _cluster_setup to initialize a new single node cluster
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:05:07 GMT
I was experimenting with both multi node clusters and single node couchdb deployments the other
day and found the following page which says that after starting a single node, you need to
run the following:

http://docs.couchdb.org/en/2.0.0/install/index.html#single-node-setup
curl -X PUT http://127.0.0.1:5984/_users

curl -X PUT http://127.0.0.1:5984/_replicator

curl -X PUT http://127.0.0.1:5984/_global_changes

I created my own custom docker container for couchdb so tore down that container and tried
the following on a new one instead of the above:

curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' http://localhost:5984/_cluster_setup -d '{"action":
"finish_cluster”}'

It would seem comparing the results of curling /_all_dbs are the same, but I’m curious if
there are other differences that I could be unaware of that might bite me in the future.