couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Phippen <Nigel.Phip...@s-a-m.com>
Subject RE: Compaction does not release file descriptors
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:12:58 GMT
Thanks for the quick response.

We're just about to start some testing on an Erlang 16-based CouchDB environment so we'll
see what result we get with this (but this could take a few weeks).

Re: compaction, we have the following configured for all databases and views to be compacted:

     -----------------------------------
     "compactions": {
          "_default": "[{db_fragmentation, \"50%\"}, {view_fragmentation, \"50%\"}]"

Re: logging, I've attached a log but I'm not seeing anything relevant in it. Note that, at
the moment, only 'error'-level messages are logged. I am somewhat reluctant to enable 'info'-level
logging as this can create large log files very quickly. I will do if necessary though. Could
I set logging on a particular module only, one that is specifically relevant to the process
that causes the problem?

Something I forgot to say in my initial report is that the databases on this server replicate
continuously to databases on another server, thus provided us with a real time backup. The
backup server is not affected by this problem, only the live server. don't know if this is
relevant.