couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Klein <st.fankl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backups from Linux cut-off on Windows
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:37:07 GMT
Hi,

:

> Is it possible to do a Pull replication that only replicates "down"
> meaning no documents from the db on the development machine ever move up to
> the production server? Do we need to implement a Filter for this?

Replication is one-way.

Either target pulls from source or source pushes to target.

You don't want to, but if you would like to keep 2 databases in sync you
have to setup 2 replications db1 pulls from db2 and db2 pulls from db1, db2
pushes to db1 and db1 pushes to db2 .. and so on.

Since you want the production DB to hide behind a firewall i guess best
solution for you is to setup the production DB pushing to the development
machine and setup the firewall to not allow any new (packets with set syn
flag) from development network to production network / couchdb.

(I didn't double check this actually works or if the target would also
initiate requests to the source in this schema)

regards,
Stefan