couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backups from Linux cut-off on Windows
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 11:50:20 GMT
Hi Joachim,

> Is that a known bug or limitation? Is our way of backing up wrong for
> cross-system restore? What would be the appropriate way to
> backup/restore back and forth between Linux and Windows?

You should be using replication between your CouchDBs to transfer
the database from one system to the other. No guarantees are made
about the portability of .couch files between operating systems.

Replication is well documented:

  http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.1/replication/intro.html

I could hazard some guesses about why you have partial compatibility
in the setup you're using, but I don't want to get your hopes up,
as we're not going to support this scenario.

-Joan