couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 4
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 21:00:01 GMT

> On 12 Aug 2016, at 14:11, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’m happy to announce release candidate 4 (four) of CouchDB 2.0 \o/
>
> Find it here: https://couchdb.apache.org/release-candidate/2.0/
>
> Testing documentation here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BtndYr-0KDQTqBSLVdJoR_8C5ObYjT1RBo_Qyh5ykdQ/edit
>
> Changes since RC3:
>
>> 41e529d Ref. latest doc build chain fixes
>> 0b3419b couch_log test fixes
>> 66ac8e1 COUCHDB-2779
>> 4f6cda5 Pull in COUCHDB-3097 and COUCHDB-3099 fixes
>> 53aafa9 Bump config dep
>> 46460df Update Fauxton to 1.1.7 tag
>> 28eb33c Consult default.d/local.d for ini files (COUCHDB-3089)
>> d7b92a1 Bump couch_log for Windows test fix
>
> A milestone not exactly noticeable from the commits: clustered db and view
> _compact, cluster-wide view cleanup
>
> Klemens: start your machine for the Docker image  of RC4 thanks! :)
>
> Windows RC4 build available at:
> https://atypical.net/mm/couchdb-2.0.0-RC4.msi
> * * *
>
> As a reminder from last time: A few things that we have to do during the
> RC-phase:
>
> - double, triple, and quadruple-check all LICENSE and NOTICE files to adhere to
> ASF policy and to make sure we don’t pull in any incompatible licenses (e.g.
> *GPL) as dependencies.
>
> - docs: make sure we get docs.couchdb.org up to speed with 2.0 so it makes sense
> to people who get started. This is mainly adding cluster bits, as most of the
> rest stays the same.

Docs:

First step: I fixed our Read The Docs (readthedocs.org) setup, so that the documentation for
1.6.1 would not confusingly mention 2.0.0 as the first possible thing. I’ve also disabled
showing docs for any versions < 1.6.1

There are currently only two versions being built:

- 1.6.1
- master

http://docs.couchdb.org/ auto-redirects to http://docs.couchdb.org/en/stable/ which is an
alias for the highest (in semver terms) tag, currently 1.6.1.

Once we tag 2.0.0 in the docs repo, `stable` will show the 2.0.0 tag, so http://docs.couchdb.org/
will show 2.0.0 docs with the option to switch to 1.6.1 in the bottom of the page.

Best
Jan