couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tito Ciuro <tci...@mac.com>
Subject Re: How do I secure the database so that only the admin can access it?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 02:12:53 GMT
Hello again!

I believe I have figured it out. Turns out that the database contains a '_security' endpoint
where I can PUT the a document similar to the following one:

PUT /mydb/_security HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/json
Host: localhost:5984
{
    "admins": {
        "names": [
            "tito"
        ],
        "roles": [
            "admins"
        ]
    },
    "members": {
        "names": [
            "tito"
        ],
        "roles": [
            "everything_else"
        ]
    }
}

For reference, I found information here: http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.1/api/database/security.html

I realized that I *must* specify a user in the members.names section or else it'll be open
to non-auth'd users. Since I'm the admin and nobody else is supposed to access it, I suppose
that the above ACL is correct, right? It works well, so I assume this is the way to go. If
you have comments, please let me know.

Thanks!

-- Tito