couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Le Brasseur <johnlebrass...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Views on AWS Amazon Linux AMI 2016.03.2 t2.micro account
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:16:57 GMT

> Hi all.
>
> I successfully installed CouchDB 1.6.1 on an Amazon Linux AMI
2016.03.2
> t2.micro account.
>
> I then replicated a small database(1000 documents) to it from my
desktop.

> I am able to access the documents easily in my AWS instance and
everything
> seems to be fine.
>
> However, when I run any of the views for the data, the system hangs
and no
> results are produced. (I am logged in as server admin.)
>
> Locally, all the views still work 100%.
>
> Are there any settings needed to get the views to work?(Linux
permissions?)

> Is the Ram possibly too small to run the views on the free account
> limitations? (It seems to be 1 GiB, I would think that is enough??)
>
> This is not a lot of data.(2mb on the Futon overview screen.)
>
> I have tried creating a new (temporary) view with the same result.
>
> It somehow looks like a "permission" problem.
>
> My local CouchDB setup is running on Windows(10).
>
> Many thanks.
>
> John Le Brasseur

John Le Brasseur <johnlebrasseur@...> writes:

What I did was the following:
Originally:

sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/etc/couchdb
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/run/couchdb
sudo chmod 0775 /usr/local/etc/couchdb
sudo chmod 0775 /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
sudo chmod 0775 /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
sudo chmod 0775 /usr/local/var/run/couchdb

Afterwards:

sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/etc/couchdb
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/run/couchdb
sudo chmod 0770 /usr/local/etc/couchdb
sudo chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
sudo chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/log/couchdb
sudo chmod 0770 /usr/local/var/run/couchdb

I don't know if that was the solution but everything is working now!!