couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Etay Haun <etay.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Using CouchDB as a file system server side
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 19:44:04 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for your answers to my last post. It was very helpful.

We are developing a distributed file system solution and we would like to
base our solution on CouchDB.
We would like to use CouchDB to store the files as attachments  (each
document will include the file and the file meta-data).
We have a few data centers that stores *different* file systems, Although
some of the documents are replicated to other data centers.
We have a few questions regarding possible technical issues.
As mentioned, Part of our possible solution involves using attachments to
store the actual files in couchdb.
1. We couldn't find any information regarding suggested attachment size.
2. Is there an issue with storing large attachments? (up to 2GB per file -
although most files will be much smaller - few KB or MB)
3. We need to replicate some documents between couch instances including
the attachments, Is this okay?
4. Does CouchDB also stores revisions of attachments?
5. If so, how can we determine the required storage space for an instance
assuming we know what will be the entire system's size?
Our biggest instance will include 20TB of attachments.
6. Are there any possible issues with running the instances on Windows 2012
servers?
Thank you in advance.