couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Cohen <oleg.co...@assurebridge.com>
Subject CouchDB 2.0 cluster problem when first node is down
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 18:18:06 GMT
Greetings,

We ran into an issue when testing CouchDB 2.0 clustering. We ran a 2-node
cluster using the dev/run -n 2 command.

If we bring node2 down, all on node1 is still working fine. When we bring
down node1 using remsh and issuing init:stop(). command, the databases on
node2 are no longer readable.

We test this by trying to read the _users database using the following
command:

curl -X GET "http://127.0.0.1:25984/_users" --user admin:xxxxxxx

The get the following error:

{"error":"nodedown","reason":"progress not possible"}

If node1 is restarted, the problem goes away.

We experienced the same issue running a 3-node cluster across 3 different
servers.

Wondering if anyone ran into the same issue and if there is a workaround or
a way to fix the issue.

Thank you,
Oleg

--
*Oleg Cohen  |  Principal  |  **A S S U R E B R I D G E*
*Office: +1 617 564 0737  |  Mobile: +1 617 455 7927  |  Fax: +1 888 409