couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Belrose <kafe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gatling tests.
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 06:14:00 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I think CouchDB 2.0 uses HTTP Basic authentication. You can simply modify your Scala simulation
file to include the credentials that you want to pass.

For example, in my CouchDBSimulation.scala file, I will append the credentials to the http
protocol like so:

 val httpConf = http.baseURL(System.getProperty(s"$prefix.serverUrl", "http://127.0.0.1:5984")).basicAuth("foo","bar")

I’ve tested this with CouchDB 1.6 ( but not with 2.0 but it should work the same way).

Out of the box, Gatling also supports Digest authentication (see http://gatling.io/docs/2.0.0-RC2/http/http_protocol.html
<http://gatling.io/docs/2.0.0-RC2/http/http_protocol.html>)

Guillaume.

> On 19 May 2016, at 19:30, Oleg Cohen <oleg.cohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Very nice package! We are trying to run it against a 2.0 DB, but since we have our DB
username/pwd protected the test is failing with first 401 and then 404 errors. Is there a
way to add DB credentials?