couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 2.0 and zones
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:27:53 GMT
Yes, it does. The API has changed a bit, though. You need to label each of the nodes in the
/nodes database with a “zone” attribute and then define a config setting like

[cluster]
placement = metro-dc-a:2,metro-dc-b:1

which will ensure that two replicas for a shard will be hosted on nodes with the zone attribute
set to “metro-dc-a” and one replica will be hosted on a node with the zone attribute set
to “metro-dc-b”.

Note that you can also use this system to ensure certain nodes in the cluster do not host
_any_ replicas for newly created databases, by giving them a zone attribute that does not
appear in the [cluster] placement string. This is definitely an area where we need to beef
up the documentation. Cheers,

Adam