couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Rothbucher <sebastianrothbuc...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB, CORS and Angular+SVG app (hosted on Github Pages)
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 14:39:58 GMT
Hi Paul,

this looks great! Basically, you can submit credentials with the HTTP
request and even keep cookies between requests from another server. So yes,
logging in via POST and keeping the cookie could work when turning on this
behavior in angular (which passes down to XHR):
mymodule.config(function ($httpProvider)
{$httpProvider.defaults.withCredentials=true;});

I did try this against Tomcat on another occasion (so Tomcat port 1,
http-server with angular port 2) and it did work - there, it was a POST to
login (like in Couch: there it's a POST to _session) and with above
setting, the login gets submitted with each further request

Hope this works / helps - let us know!

Best
    Sebastian