couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Anik Das <maila...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage Issues on 600,000 document insertion
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 21:17:04 GMT
Is it a convention to run compact query on an frequent interval?

And I would also love to know the reason behind it. (My initial thought is
that whenever a insertion happens it creates a new revision of the view and
that could be one reason)

Thanks in advance. :)

wrote:

> it's normal :)

&gt; Hello All,
&gt;
&gt; We were developing an application where we had to insert approximately
600,000
&gt; documents into a database. The database had only one view (value emitted
as
&gt; null).
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; It was not a batch insertion. After the insertion the database took up
3.5GB
&gt; to our wonder. I googled around and did a compact query. After the
compact
&gt; query the size reduced to 350MB.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; I am new to couchdb and I'm unable to figure out what exactly is
&gt; happening/happened.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;