couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contract Dev Help
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2016 10:38:28 GMT
Heya Jeff, dear list,

I replied in private. It is totally fine to ask here for this kind of help!

And if any one here is ever in trouble, my company is available for hire to do troubleshooting
and support for CouchDB. :)

Best
Jan
--
> On 13 Feb 2016, at 00:06, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but we are running CouchDB in a production
environment and are having serious performance issues on only 7000 documents.  I am looking
for someone I can pay to take a look, as even after 6 years of Couchdb experience I am at
my wits end as to what the issue is. I’m happy to copy and paste multiple verbose logs,
but I believe in the end we may need someone with a bit more experience to take a look.

> We are using the changes feed with event source for syncing approximately 300 devices
and are crashing a 16GB 8 core instance on Digital ocean.  Beam.smp seams to eat all the memory
over a 24 hour period.  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

> Best,
>

> Jeff Charette | Principal
> We Are Charette
> web / identity / packaging
>
> w  wearecharette.com <http://wearecharette.com/>
>
> IRS CIRCULAR 230:  Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, this communication (including
any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose
of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or
recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

> CONFIDENTIALITY:  This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged
and are therefore protected against copying, use, disclosure or distribution.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and double
deleting this copy and the reply from your system.