couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Belrose <kafe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gatling tests.
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 13:06:04 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Here is a sample project that should work out of the box: https://github.com/kafecho/gatling-couchdb-simulations

Cheers,

Guillaume

On 30 January 2016 at 11:33:04, Matthew Buckett (matthew.buckett@it.ox.ac.uk) wrote:

We're currently in development for a new project and for production
I'd like some performance indication of the servers so would be really
interested in some stress tests.

On 29 January 2016 at 19:50, Guillaume Belrose <kafecho@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have used Gatling (http://gatling.io) in the past to stress test CouchDB servers (BigCouch
in particular). Basically, Gatling let’s you write simulations where synthetic users stress
test HTTP endpoints.
> I have written some basic simulation for CouchDB (create a database, write x docs, delete
the database). Gatling produces nice performance reports (throughput, latency) and is also
easy to integrate with Jenkins.
> I am quite happy to share what I have, it is a self contained Maven project so all it
requires is a JVM and Maven installed; it downloads all the other dependencies from the Internet.

--
Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford