couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Belrose <kafe...@gmail.com>
Subject Gatling tests.
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 19:50:32 GMT
Hi all,

I have used Gatling (http://gatling.io) in the past to stress test CouchDB servers (BigCouch
in particular). Basically, Gatling let’s you write simulations where synthetic users stress
test HTTP endpoints.
I have written some basic simulation for CouchDB (create a database, write x docs, delete
the database). Gatling produces nice performance reports (throughput, latency) and is also
easy to integrate with Jenkins.
I am quite happy to share what I have, it is a self contained Maven project so all it requires
is a JVM and Maven installed; it downloads all the other dependencies from the Internet.
If people are interested, I will put something up on Github.

Guillaume.