couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to force flush a db?
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2016 00:24:54 GMT
One thing to note is that your views and your DB may be in different
states when you pull files off the HDD sequentially, if they're large.
If your views are "newer" than the DB file you have, it could cause
issue. I recommend copying the .views subdirectory FIRST, then copying
the database file. This will ensure the views are always the same
age as the DB or older, meaning only a minor amount of catch-up is
required to update the view to current if at all.

-Joan