couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Russell McOrmond <Russell.McOrm...@canadiana.ca>
Subject Re: Got Apache CouchDB?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 14:55:35 GMT
Responding publicly, as I have already posted to this forum.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Robert Kowalski <robertkowalski@apache.org>
wrote:

> - Company name

Canadiana.org

> - Product name or use case

Canadiana Online, our platform for our digitization, preservation and
access services.

- Is it in production or development?

CouchDB is used in production as part of the back-end for our TDR
(Certified Trusted Digital Repository
http://www.canadiana.ca/en/tdr-certification ) for replication and
validation.

CouchDB is used in development and will be central to the new platform that
is in development. New platform uses CouchDB to store, replicate, and
provide views for metadata from when physical (or already digital) material
comes into one of our offices all the way to the new access portal.

- Contact information for further questions

russell.mcormond@canadiana.ca (as used in this list)

> - Link to logo if we can showcase your company on the new site
>

>From out public website
http://www.canadiana.ca/sites/all/themes/canadiana2/images/logo.png

- User quote (with attribution) about your CouchDB user experience (up to
> 300 characters)

"Elegant simplicity.  CouchDB doesn't try to be a swiss army knife like a
structured database server, allowing focus on being the best at doing the
specific tasks it was design for.  Handles our data replication needs
reliably over unreliable networks."  Russell McOrmond, Operations lead for
Canadiana.org