couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ingo Radatz <thewh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: pushState in CouchDB for Ember
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:33:42 GMT
Hi Martin

> I can't seem to find CouchDB documentation on pushState
> so pointers are welcome.

Hm. You talking about a client-side related functionality of the browsers. So maybe it isn’t
surprising that you cannot find anything about it in a server-side related documentation.
The client-side part of a Couchapp are just the static resources (HTML/CSS/IMG/FONTS/…)
that are attached to a doc (mostly a ddoc). Which brings us to the next statement:

> I think it is time to move my index.html file and .js files to CouchDB.

Attach them to any doc you want. Some uses a ddoc, others a normal doc. If you want to access
your index.html (perhaps with rewrite rules) you have to know the _id of the doc you have
attached to - so, i would recommend to not using a UUID for this doc.

Ingo