couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Francesco Zamboni <f.zamb...@mastertek.it>
Subject problems with replication
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:59:34 GMT
Hello,
we're having some problems with replication and couchdb, but as we're still
quite green with couchdb I need to ask to people with more experience even
what I can check, as the problem seems to be quite random and we've been
not capable to even pinpoint a way to consistently reproduce the problem.

Essentially, using couchdb 1.6.1, we've uploaded some thousands of
documents occupying about 10 megabytes of space, more or less, so nothing
especially big...
Over these documents we've created a structure of views, lists, shows and
other functions.
The problems seems to start when we try to launch a series of one-shot
filtered replication of these data over several sub-databases.
After creating a variable number of replication documents, the system seems
to completely hang.
When the system is hanged, any attempt to access a view cause a crash.
The only messages are of the "OS process timed out" kind, but we've tried
to increase the os_process_timeout and os_process_limit parameters without
any appreciable change.

Obviously this is not enough information to ask where the problem is, but
as we're new to couchdb, I'd like to ask for some pointers in what to
check, some common pitfalls that could lead to this kind of problems and so
on... we're having serious troubles understanding what happened when
something go wrong...

--
Francesco Zamboni

tel: +39 0522 1590100
fax: +39 0522 331673
mob: +39 335 7548422
e-mail: f.zamboni@mastertraining.it <g.muzzini@mastertraining.it>
web: www.mastertraining.it

 Sede Legale: via Timolini, 18 - Correggio (RE) - Italy
Sede Operativa: via Sani, 15 - Reggio Emilia - Italy
Sede Commerciale: via Sani, 9 - Reggio Emilia - Italy
Le informazioni contenute in questa e-mail sono da considerarsi
confidenziali e esclusivamente per uso personale dei destinatari sopra
indicati. Questo messaggio può includere dati personali o sensibili.
Qualora questo messaggio fosse da Voi ricevuto per errore vogliate
cortesemente darcene notizia a mezzo e-mail e distruggere il messaggio
ricevuto erroneamente. Quanto precede ai fini del rispetto del Decreto
Legislativo 196/2003 sulla tutela dei dati personali e sensibili.
This e-mail and any file transmitted with it is intended only for the
person or entity to which is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure.Copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify
us immediately by telephone or fax.