couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Space used to Compaction
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:20:22 GMT
No, there isn't. That's a common trap for databases that needs in from
time to time compaction.

You can try to split your database into multiple ones, but general
into two parts: the biggest one that rarely changed which wouldn't
require any compaction and the one that have high updates rate and
need to be compacted often.  So, for your case it would be database
for metadata and database for binary files, linked by sharing document
ids.

--

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Carlos Pacheco <cep_forum@icloud.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I’m planing to create a ECM system using CouchDB to store metadata and binary files.
>
> Nowadays I use PostgreSQL to metadata and filesystem to binary files.
>
> My preoccupation is that I have databases (metadata + binary files) up to 10TB.
>
> If I store all on CouchDB, when it compact database, I will need twice this space in
disk ("available disk space - it should be twice greater than the compacted file’s data)
!!!