couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Certification
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 08:05:33 GMT
Dear Geerd-Dietger,

first of all thank you very much for teaching CouchDB. This really awesome
and I am sure, you will have great success. If you can find time, you are
welcome to write a guest post for the CouchDB blog (http://blog.couchdb.org,

We do not have a certification for CouchDB. But I think it would be cool if
you create a participation paper or sth. like this. We believe in openness.
If anyone want's to learn about CouchDB or needs help, we are always happy
to help in the various channels.

My personal opinion about certifications is, that they are more or less
useless, because most of the time, some companies create them and take a
lot of money. But no company is really demanding certificates when hiring
new employees  (I guess an exception is a state authority who may want to
see an LPI).

All the best

Andy

--