couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Foucauld Degeorges <fouc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using _active_tasks to track continuous replication status
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:19:16 GMT
Awesome, thanks.
Now, to push it a bit further, let's suppose I have three databases in
replication : A -> B -> C, and I need to know which document created in A
is the last one that got to C, so I can display a "synchronized / not
synchronized" symbol next to the various documents in my view.

To know which document got to C, here is my idea: using B's _active_tasks I
know which update sequence of B got to C. I query B's _changes feed to know
what document/revision that update sequence concerns. I query that same
document/revision on A using the local_seq option. Now I know which update
sequence of A is the last one that got to C, assuming that* sequences are
kept in the same order* through two replications.

Is that a safe assumption? Or can anyone think of a simpler way to do this,
without having to HEAD each document individually?

Foucauld