couchdb-user mailing list archives

From max <maxima...@gmail.com>
Subject Basic user cannot acces _users view
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:49:59 GMT
Hello,

As written in the documentation when a user without "Roles" tries to access
a view from a design document in _users db he gets:
"only admin  Only admins can access design document actions for system
databases"

I need every users to acces others user objects but without credentials
part. To do that I've written a view in _users/_design/app that return
every users without credentials.

When I set the security of _users to "manager" in admin Role and I access
to this view with such a user it works.

But when no security Roles is defined no one is able to access to my view.

My problem is that I have thousands of basic users (without Roles defined)
and would like to allow them to access this new view.

I am using couchdb 1.4.0.

Thanks.

MLM.